Thursday, November 8, 2007

You don't know a thing about me...

Lately I have started feeling as though all men might be derranged. I know they're not. I know lots of wonderful guys. There are great guys in my family, at work, in my ward. Men I see on the street even appear to be well-adjusted individuals. All of these people have normal relationships with women, etc...But the ones who have been calling and contacting me lately have been doing some disturbed things. I am in a phase where I am a magnet for the weird ones and I am over it-get me out! It kind of makes it less enticing to actually make an effort to um, date.

I went on a date 2 nights ago. I was so traumatized by aforementioned date, that it has taken me a couple of days to write about it. Ever go on a date where it feels like you're on a quiz show? Question after question, and WEIRD questions too. Finally, when he had run out of questions, he asked me what else I wanted to know about him. NOTHING, I thought, I know all I need to know. But I came up with a few other questions, since that was what he was into. Finally, I just said, "what else do you want me to know about you?" He told me some more stuff, that I didn't really need to know, but whatever. Apparently he thought he was a lot more mature than he is, and he was telling me how he likes to date women older than him, lucky me, but I am thinking he should stick to girls his own age. And I should stick to guys my own age. Or older. I got to hear all about how he had been hurt in the past by some crazy girl and now he was just looking for a nice girl. He seemed to think I was that girl. But honestly, how could he know that? Anyone can be nice for a 2 hour dinner. In reality, I could be a total beotch. I'm usually not, but I could be. I just don't think it's really useful to start analyze someone's personality to them on the first, very short, date.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, I couldn't resist reading this entry, even though I was going to wait to hear it fresh from you. I am totally intrigued.

By the way, I have a few questions for you: How much do you really value our friendship? What do you feel you don't know about me that you are dying to know about me? Why aren't you married yet? What's wrong with younger men? What is your favorite war? Why is peace cereal better than others? How long have you known that dating sucks?


Hey...wait a minute! Can you set me up with this guy?!?

Chelle said...

Oh my gosh, for a moment there, I thought those questions were real. Don't scare me like that!

That guy is all yours. I have already given him your number and told him what a nice girl you are.

Maigen said...

At least MARRIED freaks aren't still coming out of the woodworks for you.

thefinitemonkey said...

Egads! You really have been on the short end of the Sasquatch vs. Mangy Bear dichotomy, haven't you?

Glad you still have confidence that we're not all like that though :-)