Thursday, December 13, 2007

"don't be mad at me"

i parked my car today. a little more in the ghetto, because let's face it, i live in a little shadier of a neighborhood. a guy came over to me, right up to my car, while i was still in it, and asked me for 20 or 30 cents. i told him i didn't have any money. which is the exact truth. i have the opposite of money. debt. i didn't go into all MY financial woes with him, because the poor man is probably living on the street, but i didn't give him anything either, just talked to him through the glass. "no i don't have any money" i said, "don't be mad, okay?" he said. "i'm not mad," says me. i thought, hey, as long as you're just asking me for some change, as opposed to actually robbing me or something, i'm not mad. "have a good day." i told him. "you too." he said.

3 comments:

Maigen said...

That story makes me sad.
What a nice homeless guy.

Unknown said...

kind beggars are the best...wait, that sounds really mean... I take it back

Jason and Emily said...

awww...I feel like if I was the homeless I guy I would say something like this too. "Don't be mad..."

Let's all create the possibility right now together that this guy gets lots of money...