Thursday, December 6, 2007

commitment issues

whenever i have dreams of getting married (and they don't happen very often), i am always terrified, and i always am wondering why i am going through with it, although i have a pretty good idea. i never really know the guy, and i feel this momentum leading up to it and then i am like "oh crap."
this post has nothing to do with marriage. i am moving into a new apartment on saturday. we found it on monday, i think, and decided on tuesday. it's a great apartment, but this really freaked me out. not really my normal style of decision making. i like to see a lot of options, think about them, ask lots of questions, explore pros and cons, and then decide on something. okay, maybe this post has something to do with marriage. (or reasons why i am not. ha.) but against my normal way of doing things, and my perfectionist instinct that wants everything that i want, i have decided to go for it anyway. mostly because i know i can't have everything i want. and it's just an apartment, not a lifetime commitment, right?

4 comments:

Maigen said...

Hey, sister, I feel ya. I will probably always be single because of my commitment/perfection issues. But, it's better than being with a dud.

Unknown said...

Oh no! I didn't listen enough this afternoon when you called me in crisis decision mode. I just didn't think that it had anything to do with all your commitment problems! (this is all said in false drama and mockery)

You're lucky, I always clearly see the guy who I am marrying and they are weird...like the bad guy in Goonies, or Woody Allen, or Rick Moranis, or Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Trust me, not seeing the guy is much better!

Jessica Steed said...

Congrats on the new apartment. You'll love it.
Just remember, marriage advice applies to apartments, too.
Never go to sleep angry.

Jason and Emily said...

This was funny. I laughed outloud! And it's good writing.