Monday, October 8, 2007

Do not ever touch a flight attendant!

Ever!! If you are on a flight and there is a flight attendant in front of you (or behind you or above you, or below you, or somehow within reach of your little fingers) and you have the urge to give a seemingly harmless tap on the shoulder to ask for something to eat-fight this urge! If you are sitting in a seat and there is a flight attendant's waist or butt (as in my case two days ago on a flight) within reach, and you think, 'I will just tap this servant of the airline, and therefore my servant, to get their attention, they won't really mind,' please refrain. Even if you are a seemingly harmless looking elderly lady in a pink tracksuit. You just might get punched in the face. Something about working in such close quarters with the public, barreling through the air in a metal tube, makes you really want to enforce your personal boundaries. Flight attendants do not want to be touched by you, the customer, at all, ever. It will only bring you dirty looks and bad service.
The exceptions to this rule are few and far between, and basically include BEING or appearing to be George Clooney or Brad Pitt.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Yeah, Maig, you are always such the butt-grabber. Well, maybe other people don't mind having their butts touched, I just know we flight attendants don't like it.

Unknown said...

wow! What happened to said pink-track-suit lady?!? I never thought of touching a flight attendant on the butt, but now I feel I want to, just because you so forcefully told me not to! That's an odd form of rebellion if you ask me! Don't worry, I'll make sure it's a JETBLUE flight so I don't lose my privileges!!