Thursday, July 31, 2008

A tribute to Jamon

The first part of this post is for D'Arcy, though I hope the rest of you can enjoy these pictures as well. Spain has a national obsession with ham and after realizing this last year, some people have really come to hate ham. While walking though the streets of Madrid last night with 5 fabulous male flight attendants, I made them stop several times to take these pictures:




It was a great layover. Here are the boys:

And me with the boys, though this is not a great pic of me.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Spain. I decided yesterday that I am going to become fluent in Spanish. I have talked and talked about it for years, and then thought maybe I should learn French instead, but really, I know more Spanish already and for some reason have more of a connection to it. So I am going to really learn it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Non me gusta jamon!!!

Oh, the memories of that nasty paella, how did we ever think that the a place called The Ham Museum would have anything good to eat!

Remember when that little crab burst all over my hand and I almost threw up? And we were so tired, and I feel asleep at the table and you kept telling me to "Perk Up!"

Do you know how excited I am for Greece!? I have been counting down the days for awhile now. Only 5 weeks!!!

Unknown said...

But again, I say, we better not have to eat ham in such abundance!

I am hoping for olives and feta and gyros oh my!!

Maigen said...

Umm... who's the yummy guy in the NY hat? Gay?