Friday, June 6, 2008

Spiderman!

Two crazy guys climbed the New York Times building today. Thus making it impossible for me to get to work on the bus because the entire street was closed off with people looking at him, ambulances and fire trucks. So I took a gypsy cab with some random guy and paid $45 bucks instead of my usual $8. Grr...


http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/05/man-scales-new-york-times-building/


(read the comments on the above story, they are funny)

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/05/man-scales-new-york-times-building/

3 comments:

Jessica Steed said...

That's a cool article. Good for him, but bad for you.
$45 is a pain.

Unknown said...

I am going to write my memoir of Harlem, and now I know the title...."Gypsy Cab" ...some crazy things happened to me in gypsy cabs, but I was never wearing a Spiderman costume, thank goodness!

HWHL said...

Hi Chelle - I was reading your profile and see you love Barbara Kingsolver.... she is one of my favorites as well.
I actually live fairly close to Bethlehem, Georgia (a key locale in the Poisonwood Bible)....

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for your kind comment on our new puppy, Diva. She is definitely "socute socute socute" as you say. :-)