Monday, January 7, 2008

in memory of Kristy

I found out today that one of the sisters from my mission was killed by her husband in a church parking lot yesterday. Wow. We were never companions, never close friends or anything, but I did know her a little, and we had the shared experience of the same mission, working in the Bible Belt. We had some of the same companions. I have her in pictures. I remember her singing in zone conferences. I heard stories about her before I got there. So it so strange, and really really sad, that her husband decided to shoot her dead in the parking lot on her thirtieth BIRTHDAY while she was going to CHURCH. What would possess a person, who had shared a life with someone, had two children with someone, to then decide to kill them? It absolutely amazes and saddens me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have felt the same, I just can't get over it. I have her in pictures too, I listened to her sing, I shared companions with her and the mission too. I ran into her this summer in the dressing rooms at Nordstrom and talked with her. I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that people can do this to people they have had a life with and children with.