Tuesday, May 27, 2008

i have cankles!

In case you didn't know, cankles are when your calves and your ankles melt into each other, and you can no longer tell which is which. I went to Long Beach over Memorial day weekend. It was a beautiful day, wasn't hot, wasn't cold. Just perfect to lie on the beach all day in the sun. Oh, I thought I was being good, used spray-on sunscreen a few times, in a haphazard manner. By the end of the day, I was starting to hurt, and on the way back on the train my legs were on fire. It is one of the worst sunburns of my life, and has apparently caused my ankles to swell up, changing my normal lovely legs into swollen sticks of pain. I did get enough sunscreen on parts of my body however, and you can see little spray marks on my skin where I didn't get burned because I used spray-on sunscreen. Sort of like a leopard.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

trust me, these girls in Sugarhouse know what cankles are! Remember driving to the Carolinas, the Salmon's home where I just had to elevate my legs! Man, oh man. This is April's greatest fear!

Chelle said...

D'arcy don't think for a minute your cankles from that trip weren't the first thing i thought of!