Wednesday, August 8, 2007

How tall is tall ENOUGH?

I'm a tall girl. Six feet tall to be exact. So when I specifically state, in certain, shall we say, dating venues, that I would like to date a tall guy, I personally would assume it might be at least the same height as me. You know, someone who if we were both barefoot and in love, could look into one another's eyes with a sort of equally stupid kind of stare. But apparently the five foot ten-ers are taking this as a dare. Tall, they say? I'm not SHORT! And the idea of me looking down into their eyes, maybe one of them, resting their heads on my shoulder during a romantic dance, is somewhat enticing. Maybe it sounds like a nice idea to them. Maybe I'm being too picky. Maybe I should take what I can get. After all, my twenties are nearly over and yesterday I found a new wrinkle under my eye! It was a bit traumatic. Things are only going to go downhill from here. But somehow I just can't shake the idea that I would like a slightly taller guy. So maybe I should be more specific. Six feet or taller please.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a new wrinkle too! I named her Mitzi, hopefully your wrinkle and mine can set up a playdate soon!

Unknown said...

And by the way...stick to your guns...short guys are....well I could say a lot, but in the interest and integrity of the post, they're short, plain and simple, and I don't dig that.